Here are the results of SETAC’s survey of 501 morning rush hour ridership on a typical November morning in 2013. Eastbound riders were surveyed between 8am and 9am at points along Lake Shore Blvd. W, including Long Branch, Islington, Kipling, and the Humber Loop.
- 77% of the respondents ride the 501 Queen/Lakeshore streetcar on average 5 days per week.
- 44% never ride the 501 Streetcar from Long Branch to Park Lawn Rd. (potential local riders for the implementation of a local timed-ticket). 38% use the streetcar locally more or less five days per week.
- Slightly more people transfer to a bus than subway. (There may have been some confusion because the buses are running at the moment instead of the streetcar). 30% mentioned they transfer to a subway. I suspect more transfer to the subway than indicated in this survey. Many mentioned that they take the bus to the subway because the streetcar takes too long to get downtown.
- There are very few transfers to a GO train station. Transfers from a GO train station were not asked.
- 60% of the respondents claim that the streetcar is full/almost full and 46% indicated that the wait is at least 10 to 15 minutes for a car.
For further details please leave a comment with your contact information.